Mold Design Fundamentals
This 3-day course will take the participant through multiple mold designs from simple two plate cold runner through a complex multi action stack mold. The class will learn to identify various components of the mold and how they interact while also learning what to look for that may impact productivity. The following topics will be covered along with discussion and identification of the components of an exploded mold on the bench.
There are no pre-requisites for Mold Design Fundamentals.
Topics covered in Mold Design Fundamentals include:
- Blueprint reading basics – both 2D and 3D
- Mounting – basic mold mounting concerns
- Flow passage – Hot and Cold Runner
- Gating – the different types and the reasons for selecting each
- Cooling – Waterline placement, quantity and volume
- Ejection – Different types and pros and cons of each
- Steel selection and care
- Slides/Cams and other actions
- Stack and Cube mold overview