Paulson ProMolder 2
A 5 day classroom and hands-on injection molding technology seminar. Paulson ProMolder 2 is taught in 2 modules:
- Module 1 explains the plastic properties and behavior that affects part quality, the scientific basis and the technology of molding. This is followed by a detailed analysis of common molded part defects, their causes and solutions (attendees may bring molded part examples from their plants for analysis).
- Module 2 is hands-on molding practice using SimTech, the Paulson injection molding simulator, to provide each student hands-on practice in setting and observing the effects of each machine control on the plastic and the molded parts and problem-solving. This is followed by a molding laboratory on an actual machine to demonstrate some of the information previously taught and shown.
Cost to attend: $2,195*
*Discounts available: Any company sending multiple attendees from one company to the same class is eligible for $100 off for every additional person from the company who attends.
Technicians, Setup Personnel, Lead Persons, Foremen, Process Engineers, and others who are, or will become, key production personnel in the future. This course is designed for production personnel who: (1) Need to understand the relationship of the molding machine controls to the plastic conditions in the mold and the resultant molded part properties and (2) Will benefit from practice in setting machine controls, observing the results, and solving molded part problems.
A prerequisite to take this course is satisfactory completion of the Paulson ProMolder 1 seminar or the equivalent Paulson CD or web-based training. Others having molding experience may attend this course by passing a pre-assessment test administered by Paulson.
Available ProMolder 2 Dates
- January 16, 2017 - January 20, 2017 at Polymers Center of Excellence – Charlotte, NC
- February 13, 2017 - February 17, 2017 at Toshiba Machine Company – Los Angeles, CA
- March 20, 2017 - March 24, 2017 at Arburg – Rocky Hill, CT
- April 3, 2017 - April 7, 2017 at Hennepin Technical College, Brooklyn Park Campus – Minneapolis, MN
- July 24, 2017 - July 28, 2017 at MGS Mfg. Group – Germantown, WI
- August 7, 2017 @ 8:00 am - August 11, 2017 @ 5:00 pm at Toshiba Machine Company – Chicago, IL
- September 18, 2017 - September 22, 2017 at Polymers Center of Excellence – Charlotte, NC
- November 13, 2017 - November 17, 2017 at Toshiba Machine Company – Chicago, IL