Paulson ProMolder 2
This is a 5-day classroom and hands-on injection molding technology seminar. Paulson ProMolder 2 is taught in 2 modules:
- Module 1 explains the plastic properties and behavior that affects part quality, the scientific basis and the technology of molding. This is followed by a detailed analysis of common molded part defects, their causes and solutions (attendees may bring molded part examples from their plants for analysis).
- Module 2 is hands-on molding practice using SimTech, the Paulson injection molding simulator, to provide each student hands-on practice in setting and observing the effects of each machine control on the plastic and the molded parts and problem-solving. This is followed by a molding laboratory on an actual machine to demonstrate some of the information previously taught and shown.
Certification: Paulson Training Programs has an excellent reputation for developing highly qualified injection molding personnel who are sought after by the industry. To maintain this quality we test each student at the end of the course with a written exam. Grades 90% and above will earn a Gold Certificate of Achievement; 80% – 89% a Silver Certificate of Achievement; those achieving a 70%-79% will earn a Blue Certificate of Achievement, and all others earn a Certificate of Attendance.
Special note: Ask about our ProMolder 2 seminars taught in Spanish.
Cost to attend: $2,195*
*Discounts available: Any company sending multiple attendees from one company to the same class is eligible for $100 off for every additional person from the company who attends.
Technicians, Setup Personnel, Lead Persons, Foremen, Process Engineers, and others who are, or will become, key production personnel in the future. This course is designed for production personnel who: (1) Need to understand the relationship of the molding machine controls to the plastic conditions in the mold and the resultant molded part properties and (2) Will benefit from practice in setting machine controls, observing the results, and solving molded part problems.
A prerequisite to take this course is satisfactory completion of the Paulson ProMolder 1 seminar or the equivalent Paulson CD or web-based training. Others having molding experience may attend this course by passing a pre-assessment test administered by Paulson.
Available ProMolder 2 Dates
- February 12, 2018 - February 16, 2018 at Arburg – California
- March 5, 2018 - March 9, 2018 at Polymers Center of Excellence – Charlotte, NC
- May 21, 2018 - May 25, 2018 at MGS Mfg. Group – Germantown, WI
- September 17, 2018 - September 21, 2018 at Toshiba Machine Company – Chicago, IL
- December 10, 2018 - December 14, 2018 at Polymers Center of Excellence – Charlotte, NC